"Safeguarding cross-border area's natural resources and protecting the environment in order to ensure sustainable development, through increased cooperation between all the key-actors in the region"
- The programme is intended to overcome the natural geographic and language barriers, in order "to transform the border from a line of separation into a place for communication and cooperation, promoting the area's potentials for integrating the development, and integration of the cross-border area between two EU new member states". One of the problems approached by the current programme is the environment protection, "the natural features of the area representing valuable assets that may only be safeguarded through joint interventions".
- REEconomy project is creating the framework for jointly live and cooperate, in a cleaner and for a cleaner environment, complying with the general and specific objectives of the programme, using efficient tools and methods:
- Cross-border network and portal for cooperation in the energy sector, dedicated to entrepreneurs from energy sector, investors and other institutions and organizations with competences in energy sector
- International conference "Innovation - Innovators - Intellectual property"
- A study on current stage and potential for development of renewable energy resources in the cross-border area and an opportunity study concerning the construction of a hydroelectric central station in Dolj-Montana-Vidin-Pleven cross-border area (translated in Romanian, Bulgarian and English)
- Awareness-raising campaigns targeting several categories of beneficiaries (public authorities, SMEs and inhabitants in Dolj -Montana-Vidin-Pleven cross-border area): film, workshops, seminars, round table, fair, press-conferences, printed materials (brochures, flyers, poster, web page, press releases and announcements etc.)
"Increasing awareness of entrepreneurs, public authorities and population in the cross-border area on the necessity to reduce pollution and prevent climate change for economic and social welfare and developing joint initiative for supporting the access of target groups to alternative solutions for saving energy"
The specific objectives which comply with the objective of the priority axis are going to be attained through joint actions, carried out on the both sides of the border:
- Awareness campaign targeting inhabitants from the cross-border area: elaborating and broadcasting the film "Using renewable energies in domestic activities - a cleaner environment for present and future generations".
- Awareness campaign targeting public authorities: organizing workshops in 10 localities from Dolj, Montana, Vidin and Pleven on the theme "Investment projects in community benefit using renewable energies and financial sources for implementing these projects".
- Awareness campaign targeting SMEs on the themes: "Energy efficiency in construction field"; "Co-generating innovative technologies"; "Wind energy - energy efficiency, low costs, protected environment"; "Solar technology - energy efficiency, low costs, protected environment"; "Geothermal energy and hydro energy - benefits for business and environment"; "Methods for efficient use of energy based on fossil fuels and safe storage of process waste for a cleaner environment". The tools used for the dissemination of the information are seminars and brochures, with the participation of experts in environmental management.
- Joint actions for supporting the access to alternative solutions for saving energy:
- Fair and round table "Products and services in the field of renewable energies"
- Portal - Supply and demand of products and services in the field of renewable energies and technology transfer
- Brokerage event "Innovation - Innovators - Intellectual property"